Saturday 15 September 2012

all shades of red


When I think back of myself in school, university, business, the underground fashion periodes I´ve been trough, good times and hard times - I always see myself wearing bright red lipstick and long red nails. 

I still remember my first lipstick in the age of 11, when I found that old dry and stinky 50s one from my glamourous granny and kept it. And the first one in cherry red I bought on an annual fair for pennies when I was 13 years old. 

My ideal of beauty is inseparably connected with pale skin and red lips. I´m not complete without. Surely I have eaten a ton of it trough my life so far. I always buy red lipsticks on my travels and have been searching for the perfect shade for years. I can say that I found it, but still trying new ones.

There is a litte collection of my favorite shades of cold true reds, warmer reds and pinky reds with its packings.





For a better view, I show you some swatches in the same order as the lipstickheart.


 from left to right: 

1 - Guerlain: Exces de Rouge
2 - Rimmel: Shocking Pink
3 - Too Faced: Drop that Red
4 - Markwins: # 00001
5 - Yves Rocher: Rouge Toscana
6 - Collistar: Rubino
7 - Mac: Lady Bug
8 - Darphin: Rouge Flamboyant

 
from right to left:

1 - NARS: Funny Face
2 - Shiseido: Electric Red
3 - Art Deco: # 95
4 - Prestige: glitter DL-10
5 - KIKO: # 607
6 - Mac: Ruby Woo
7 - Dita von Teese: # 208
8 - Mac - Russian Red

  All my lippies, more than shown, are living in this bag.



 I use all of them with Mac´s lipliner in beet, there is no better.

Besame´s Cherry Red is also a good one and when you need a kissproof one, I can recommend Lip Ink Red and Lip Ink Energy Red. The problem is, when you found the perfect shade, they change it or don´t produce it anymore, like iconic Chanels Nr. 1 velvet rouge...

If you ask yourself now, what my fave is, its not a surprise: Mac´s Russian Red! 
The secret is, to mix it with Mac´s Ruby Woo on the lips...

I think that every woman should have different red lipsticks, the blue pigmented ones in cooler shades and the yellow pigmented ones in warmer shades - as you all know - important is, that it matches with your clothing. 

Now the autumn comes up, with all the great green and brown tones, so go for a more yellow based lippy, the daylight will make the best out of it. To give a résumé as an make up artist: buy one true red expensive lipstick, that will fit you every season and will give you a selfconfident and feminin look, when you need it.
 
BTW, when it comes to nailpolish, I´m obsessed with red too.
A little detail from my bathroom cabinet:



Leave you with a huge super red kiss and wish you all a glossy weekend!






3 comments:

  1. I have very thin lips, so I never wear lip stick, but my daughters wont leave the house without RED lip stick.
    XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great collection and the bag is lovely and surrealistic!!I have quite full lips and when I was younger I avoided to wear red lipstick because of the naughty Lolita effect, but now I really can't survive without it even in its brighter shades!
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have thin lips too, but I´m cheating a bit with the lipliner. The lolita-effect was a problem for parents and my teachers in school too, but I was into punk, so I didn´t care!

    ReplyDelete