Thursday 15 March 2012

Making of a Glorious Basterd


The last client for OPALICON was a lady with a preference for Quentin Tarantino movies. So we made her dream come true and changed her into three different characters: Uma Thurman in Pulp Fiction, Daryl Hannah in Kill Bill and Diane Kruger in Inglourious Basterds.

As we all know, Inglourious Basterds played during the WW II. I always love to create new OPALICON-characters and build a new world out of decoration, clothes and make up - but to create something from my favorite period of style - the 1940s -  was a special delight.

My guideline: 

                                                  


taken from here

For the top I had to recreate her special blouse-collar. So I bought a simple blouse in a second hand shop for less. I cut the cuffs off, ironed them, closed the hems and sewed one cuff on the other in the special waveshape. I used a fat pencil to hold always the same spaces. I sewed it all by hand - I love to do crafty things with my hands.
For the shooting I just rolled the regular blouse collar under and fixed my creation with pins on the jacket. It turned out well:



Our model had short dark hair, glasses and wears no make up normally. So the changing-effect was huge.
The Costume
Clipons: 40s vintage

Hair
Blonde longhaired wig, which I used for the nurse scene, too

Make up
Foundation: La roche Posay
Eyeshadow/Eyeliner/Lipstick/Powder: Kryolan
Rouge/Facecountur: Zoeva
Eyelashes: Art Deco

We changed the writing on the card in the hat. Can you remember which great female Tarantino-character J. Brown was?

No comments:

Post a Comment