Wednesday 4 April 2012

At Willi´s


When I was a child in Eastern Germany, there was a TV show called "Willi Schwabes Rumpelkammer". The series was shown once a month and featured a guy with a lantern in his hand who went up into the attic of his house where he collected movie-memorabilities from the past. Up in the attic he also showed some sequences of old UFA and Hollywood Movies and told stories about the stars of bygone days.

 taken from here 

I loved it! I was addicted to everything what came with this show, even the jingle: it was "The Dance of the Sugarfary“  from Tschaikowskis "The Nutcracker". My parents knew about this and whenever I was behaving badly they said: "No Willi for you, dear..." But most of the time I was a good girl, so I have seen a lot of episodes.


The other day I found a book in an antique book store with juicy stories and nice portrait pics showing german silent film movie stars. F.H. Habel - the author of the book "Verrückt vor Begehren" is the same man who wrote the lines for "Willi". This brought back some sweet memories.

I wanna show you some scans from the great coffee-table book. I hope you enjoy it as much as I did.





Asta Nielsen

Elisabeth Bergner


Hilde Hildebrandt


Marion Davies


Lya de Putti

No comments:

Post a Comment